- April 2014: Register online to take the FSOT in Washington, DC, fill out resume and career track information on the PearsonVUE website
- June 2014: Take the FSOT in Washington, DC
- July 2014: Find out I passed the FSOT and have 2 weeks to submit my Personal Narratives (PNs) to the Qualifications Evaluation Panel (QEP) stage
- September 19, 2014: Find out I passed the QEP and get an invitation to take the Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) in either DC or San Francisco (it was also my birthday, best birthday present ever!)
- September 22, 2014-January 10, 2015: Study like mad for the FSOA!
- January 12, 2015: Take and pass the FSOA in DC with a 5.6 in public diplomacy, begin security and medical clearance tasks
- February 20, 2015: Security clearance case opens
- April 7, 2015: Medically cleared for worldwide availability!
- April 20, 2015: Security clearance interview with Houston-based investigator
- April 30, 2015: Take FSI phone test for German to gain .17 language bonus points
- May 18, 2015: Find out I passed German test, FSOA score bumped up to 5.77
- June 3, 2015: Security clearance granted! Passed final suitability review sometime shortly after this
- June 8, 2015: Officially added to the public diplomacy register, ranked 5 out of 100 total candidates!!
- August 11, 2015: Sadly find out that all invitations for the (very small) September class have already been accepted. Move to Thailand instead!!
- November 25, 2015: Receive and immediately accept a PD offer for the January 11, 2016 A-100 class!!
January 11, 2016: A-100 begins!
February 12, 2016: Flag Day!